Parent/Teacher & Parent/Advisor Conferences
Conferences during Fall Family Weekend are a great time to hear teachers’ insights about your student’s work in their classes and receive feedback about their progress thus far. To get an overview of your child’s progress across their academic, co-curricular, and social/ residential experience, schedule a conference with his/her advisor. During the weekend, Faculty and Staff will also be present and available at meals, athletic games and events for casual conversations about your student.
Student attendance during conferences is optional. We’ll let you decide if the conversation would be most valuable with or without your student’s input during the conference.
How to Select Your Conferences
After you have registered for Fall Family Weekend from this page, login to ves.org and go to your Resource Board and click on the button labeled "Schedule Parent/Teacher Conferences" to select your times.
Conference Dates and Times
Conferences are 10 minutes long with a 5 minute passing time between each conference. Available times are:
- Thursday, October 11 | 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. | for Day Student Families only
- Friday, October 12 | 3 - 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 13 | 8 - 11:30 a.m.
Conference Scheduling Instructions & Tips
- Once you login on the scheduling page, you will see your student’s name listed and the signup form will display your options.
- Each colored square represents an available meeting time. The legend shows you the teacher who corresponds to each color and the available times appear as you go down the page.
- You will not see all faculty listed, just your student’s current classroom teachers and advisor.
- Please note: The name of your student’s daytime study hall proctor will appear on your list. You do NOT need to schedule a conference with this faculty member. The following faculty members are study hall proctors this semester: M. Wang, M. Yochum, D. Burton, D. Harrington, A. Rhem, MT Burruss, J. Barton, I. Morris, A. White, B. Campbell M. LaFreniere, J. Miller.
- Click on a square to book the time you choose for each teacher.
- You can decide when you want the reminder email confirming your list of appointment times to be delivered to you and then click "Create Appointment."
- At any time you can click on "printable schedule" to get a hard copy of your schedule.
- If you want to make changes to your schedule, you can login at any time prior to Thursday, October 11 at 12 p.m.