VES is proud to celebrate our international student community. 20% of our students are from countries outside of the United States. In recent years, our international community has included students and faculty from Argentina, Austria, Bahamas, Bosnia, Canada, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, England, Germany, Greece, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Scotland, Senegal, Serbia, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Turks and Caicos, Turkey and Vietnam. Some international students are here for a one-year cultural experience; however, most attend VES as diploma candidates for graduation.
We delight in the cultural depth you will bring to our school. As a VES student, you will be challenged by a rigorous academic program, required to participate in our athletic program and encouraged to contribute to our community in a variety of extracurricular activities.
How to Apply
- Chinese Applicants Only: All Chinese applicants must complete a Vericant interview prior to scheduling a campus visit or participating in a Skype interview with a representative of the Admissions Office. Please contact Vericant at students.vericant.com either before or after submitting an application to VES. The professionals at Vericant will not evaluate you as a candidate for admission, but rather will conduct an interview at one of ten sites around China. Information obtained from the Vericant interview will enable VES to assess proficiency in both oral and written English and cultural fit. Based on the results, VES will invite select applicants to an on-campus or Skype interview.
- All Applicants: Submit official test scores.
- Submit official test scores.
- TOEFL iBT score (school code 8110) - Minimum required score: 80
- In addition to the TOEFL, students are now able to submit results of their DuoLingo Test. In some cases, the DuoLingo test results will be accepted in the place of the TOEFL iBT.
- SSAT for ninth and tenth graders (SSAT school code 7972). SAT, PSAT or ACT for 11th and 12th graders are encouraged but not required.
- Complete a request for official transcript and school recommendations and submit to your current school. We require recommendations from your current math and English teachers and one from your principal or guidance counselor.
- Schedule a campus visit or a Skype interview with Mary Stuart Battle, International Admissions Counselor, at email@example.com (Chinese Applicants - see information above regarding Vericant).
Application Deadline and Admission Process
December 15: Deadline for Vericant interviews (Chinese students only)
February 1: Deadline for submitting an application
First week of March: All completed international student applications receive final review
Applicants will be notified of our decision
After March 10:
Our school has a rolling admission policy, so the admission office will continue to review applications as long as spaces are available for the following year. If you are not granted acceptance in the first round of admission decisions, you may be put on a “waitlist” in the event that additional openings become available.
College Placement for International Students
VES has an extensive college counseling program. Our college counselors work with all students throughout their career at VES to assist them in finding the right college match.
Virginia Episcopal School does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national or ethnic origin in the administration of all policies.
Our school also serves as a national testing site for the SAT, PSAT, and ACT. The TOEFL test is administrated in the surrounding area as well.
Some of our international students have attended top tier U.S. colleges, including Georgetown, Duke University, Columbia University, Emory University, Boston College, Brandeis University, Carnegie Melon University, Cornell University, MIT, NYU, Purdue University, Stanford, University of California at Berkeley, University of Illinois, University of Virginia, University of Wisconsin, Wake Forest University, Weslyan University and Washington University in St. Louis.