Virginia Episcopal School is an extraordinary environment designed to unlock the potential of motivated students in ways that other schools simply cannot.
By studying and living in our engaging community, students learn independence, empathy, respect and responsibility—values that help them achieve success at higher rates than private day and public school students—in the classroom, on the stage, in athletics and beyond.
At VES, we are intentional about delivering programs with purpose—ranging from hands-on academic experiences, a nurturing peer and faculty support system, endless opportunities to try new things all in one place, and a robust life skills programs. Here, we provide a safe space to help students figure out who they are, what inspires them, what makes them happy, and all the amazing things they can achieve. It’s what every student wants and needs to get the most out of their education and to be well-prepared for life.
Conversations with VES alumni and their parents reveal the long-term, transformative effects of attending school in a residential setting, and how the lessons and values learned here have influenced and shaped college experiences and professional and personal success.
When we ask our students, graduates and their parents why they choose VES, here is what they tell us:
- 1. Meaningful Connections Will Transform Your Life
- 2. You'll Find Your Path and Passion
- 3. Get Excited by Hands-on, Innovative Academics
- 4. Our Coed Environment Will Prepare You for Real Life
- 5. Gain Important Life Skills and Independence
- 6. VES' Location Offers the Best of Both Worlds
- 7. You Join the VES Family—An Extraordinary Network for Life