None. Open to students in grades 9 through 12.
The goal of elementary Biblical Hebrew is to foster appreciation of the ancient Hebrew language and to develop skills in vocabulary, grammar and translation sufficient to read and enjoy the Old Testament in the original language.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
• Recite and write the Hebrew alphabet from memory
• Identify and use vowels and other diacritical markings
• Read aloud in Hebrew
• Identify commonly occurring nouns
• Use an Hebrew-English lexicon
• Identify pronomial suffixes, prefixes and independent pronouns
• Identify the person, number and aspect of common verbs
• Properly organize sentence word order
• Translate chapter-length passages (e.g. Genesis 22, 12:1-20, Deut. 5:1-22, Joshua 24:1-20)